Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Now that wasn't so bad . . .

I survived my wisdom teeth extractions with relatively little excitement. It only took about half an hour to pull them both out. My big success was that I didn't even cry, as opposed to last week when all they did was take x-rays and I cried the whole time. Trying to let my logical mind override my emotions is not easy, but I was able to maintain my composure and am feeling so good for facing my fear! Now, I'm home chomping on gauze and hoping I don't get dry sockets. Luke is also doing much better and will be going back to school tomorrow. Ahhh, such relief having this day half over and the tooth pulling behind me.

4 comments:

Drew Taylor said...

Shannon,

I have finally found you! I can't believe I haven't thought until now to do a google search for your blog. I actually did it two summers ago but it wouldn't let me post. I am still at Loudjoy@aol.com and our blog is solemnjoy.wordpress.com. I am not going to write anymore here in case your blog doesn't let me post. Hope to talk to you soon.
Kristina

Mary Sue said...

Sounds like you, John and the kids have been through a rough spot. Hope things go better in April! Oh, does having wisdom teeth pulled mean you have less wisdom? :)

Shannon said...

hey Marysue!

I tried to comment on your blog, but couldn't :( Yes, I believe I have less wisdom, and I didn't have much to spare!

Mary Sue said...

Shannon--I'll try to fix the problem. You can always email me at romans1518@yahoo.com. MarySue