Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Did I get anything done today?

It seems like at the end of the day, the list of things I did NOT get done is constantly weighing me down. So, I am going to try and gain some perspective and make a list of 10 things I DID get done at the end of every day. Which may have the opposite effect, because now I've just added another thing to my list to do every day, ARGGHH! I know this list won't make it to the blog every day, but hopefully I can write it down for myself. I also know many of these items may seem unimpressive, but the life of a mom is not meant to be impressive is it?

Here is yesterday's list:
1. Made breakfast (eggs, sausage, cinnamon toast)
2. Took Luke to school.
3. Did 3 loads of laundry.
4. Picked up Luke from school.
5. Mailed scholastic Book Fair money.
6. Mailed invitations.
7. John and I coordinated our calendars.
8. Purchased train ticket for Luke's field trip.
9. Switched out toys from the toy closet and cleaned playroom (with a little help from little helpers)
10. trimmed Mikayla's nails

Hmmm . . . not feeling better yet. Maybe if I stick to it for a week, it will seem like a more substantial accomplishment?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol-I feel the same way Shannon-this is a great idea-maybe I should try this. I actually say that your 3 loads of laundry should count as 3 #'s on your list as well- :)

Mary Sue said...

Seems crazy doesn't it--we focus on the didn'ts when the dids fill a list. I agree--multiple loads of laundry should be multiple items on the list!!!